Monday, March 23, 2020

Old stuff

A few weeks ago, I think I told you, I was presented with a huge box of stuff I left at St. John's in Waterbury which had been in their archives.

In it was a huge folder of sermons from the early 1990's that I looked through today. Maybe I'll share some of them with you here. Some were fascinating.

What I learned was I used to preach a lot longer 30 years ago than I do now. LONG sermons.

But something else was, I didn't remember having preached any of them!

How could I forget my words and thoughts?

I just did.

It was a comfort to me to look through them with the late March snow swirling outside.

Some of them I admired, but not their length....

Stay well. Wash your hands. Stay home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.