Sunday, April 26, 2020

I realized something today

On 'virtual church' today, Bryan Spinks preached and I realized how much I missed hearing other peoples' sermons. I really hadn't realized it until today.

I was at St. John's in Waterbury for 21 years. I always had an assistant and at least one seminarian and they all, of course, wanted to preach. So I heard a dozen or more sermons in the 48 Sundays each year (I always took a month off for vacation and didn't go to church!)

But since I retired, almost 8 years ago, I preach every Sunday a bishop isn't visiting--which is only every 3 years or so.

Hearing Brian made me remember I enjoy other people's take on 'the word'.

And I never second-guess them or think "I would have done this differently"--I just listen and take in their wisdom.

That's a good realization I think.

I really do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.