Saturday, April 11, 2020

Wierdness continues

Tomorrow is Easter.

I don't know when I didn't go to a church on Easter. I'm sure there was a year or two, but I can't, for the life of me remember when.

We're doing a zoom/face book Easter service because one of the members of the Cluster churches, Ted, knows how to do it.

Very odd. But better than nothing. I'll get to see faces I haven't seen for a month and get to tell them how much I miss them and love them.

We'll have organ music and a solo and I'll bless bread and wine for anyone who has it before their screens or phones. Who knows if it will be 'consecrated'? But it will be a virtual sharing of bread and wine.

We have a zoom call set up with our children and their spouses and children for 3 tomorrow.

Mimi texted Bern that she's didn't remember an Easter when she wasn't here. I'm sure there have been a few, but like me and church, Mimi can't remember.

Easter is about Resurrection, which we all need in these Covid-19 days.

We need to know we can be full of life though cut off from the world in a way we've never known before. We need to know we can be safe and be 'alive' at the same time.

The on screen service tomorrow will begin with the affirmation, "Alleluia, Christ is Risen" and the response, "The Lord is risen indeed, Alleluia."

Say that when you wake up on Easter.

Say it and know Life conquers Death and courage conquers fear, and safety conquers danger.

We are risen too, tomorrow.

Truly. Truly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.