Saturday, April 4, 2020

On the Meyers-Briggs scale

Whenever I've taken Meyers Briggs Personality Inventory I come out ENFP,. Extroverted, Intuitive, Feeling and Perceiving.

N, F and P are off the charts in those directions.

But I am nearly 50/50 between Extroverted and Introverted.

I like to say that I use up all my Extroversion as a priest dealing with people and after that, I am privately quite the Introvert.

And that is true. My E is for my job. My I is for my personal time.

Well, this virus has taken away my time with people. So, I'm missing it.

Bern is an Introvert and I can't do too much Extroversion with her.

So here I am, wishing I could be in a crowd and be hugging and talking and laughing and joking and listening to whatever people want to tell me. All of that.

And I'm not able to do that because of the virus.

So my extroversion self is really annoying my introversion self.

I'm usually able to sit and read a book for a couple of hours. Now it is 20 minutes then I wander around the house, wanting to talk....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.