Friday, February 24, 2017

sleeping

I've always been told that the older you get, the less you sleep.

That isn't true for me at near on 70.

Last night I went to bed at 10:45 pm and woke up at 9 a.m.--besides the one bathroom break at 5:45 a.m..

Many nights, but by no means all, I do have a bathroom wake up. But I fall to sleep within minutes of being back in bed.

I sleep like I did as a teenager. Probably better.

I estimate I sleep, on average, 9 1/2 hours a night.

Not bad for an old man.

A little wine before bedtime helps, but even when I was indisposed with my knee, I slept 9+ hours a night and no wine then.

I love to sleep, so it's a blessing.

I hope it doesn't go away.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.