Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Exhaustion

Here's what the Pandemic has done to me:

    * I did church on zoom for almost a year

    *I only left my house to get groceries

    *Bern--until a few months ago was the only person I talked to most days

    *I still wear and mask in public places and will until I'm mandated not to

Today I went to Trinity Milton for three hours and spent the entire time talking to 2 people, 2 people and one person--and I was exhausted when I got home.

Sunday interactions don't last 3 hours.

I used to be--before Covid-19 came--talking to people all the time.

I had time to become unused to that.

So three hours of human interaction wore me out.

My strength will come back, I'm sure.

But tonight: I'm exhausted from talking.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.