Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Sudden storm

I was here, playing hearts on-line, when I noticed out the window that the sun that had been shining all day was gone. And I heard thunder.

I rushed downstairs and got the cushions from the Adirondack chairs just as the rain was starting.

I got my keys and took an umbrella to roll up my car windows but still got pretty wet.

Then I closed the windows in our bedroom though one of my pillows already had rain on it.

It thundered and poured for about an hour and then thundered and drizzled for another hour.

They say "the weather in New England is always changing".

But not usually this suddenly.

At least it's 20 degrees cooler than before the storm.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.