Thursday, July 1, 2021

What I just found

I just found a bookmark that we printed at St. John's in Waterbury.

Being old and forgetful, I hadn't remembered doing that.

Here's what it said:

St. John's is an open, inclusive, God centered parish.

*recognizing Christ in every person

*nurturing all God's people in the peace of the Lord

*creating a community of sacramental worship, hospitality and compassion

*supporting each individual's Spiritual journey toward salvaltion

*empowering us to serve and minister

*reaching out to heal and make new the broken world

*proclaiming God's promise in truth with courage

I don't remember writing that--but I'm humbled and glad I did.

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.