Sunday, July 4, 2021

July 4th

 I celebrated my first Eucharist as priest-in-charge of Trinity Milton today.

They gave me two ovations, once when the Senior Warden announced my position and once after I said words of thanks to them for welcoming me into their parish family.

I'll be going up twice a week--once on Sunday and again another day. I already have an appointment Wednesday week to talk to a couple about re-affirming their marriage vows in August. She is a member, but he is not so we'll figure out some way to do it to suit them both.

There were two bagpipers who led us out to the flagpole to say the Pledge of Allegiance, I prayed for the nation and we sang the National Anthem. Then the pipers led us in to the church.

I preached a sermon (I printed it on the blog yesterday) I was afraid would offend some--but it didn't. Maybe I'm in the right place!!!

Then we went to Jack and Sherry's with almost 20 other people --all vaccinated except for a little 19 month old boy, who was a delight.

We had a great cook-out with much too much to eat and lively conversation.

We came back to a Brigit, happy to see us.

A great day throughout.

Hope your 4th was as good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.