Tuesday, March 9, 2021

An odd beginning

Today was my first visit to do a service at Trinity, Milton.

(They record the service and video it on Tuesday or Wednesday to show on line on Sunday.)

I was up earlier than I like--7:30--so I was already feeling sluggish. Nothing like what was to come!

I got lost and had to call the church and have someone come meet me to lead me there, so I was over 40 minutes late!

Then, when I was getting my vestments out of the car, I couldn't find the Prayer Book with my sermon note--less than a page, but so I didn't leave anything out.

I have an older Prayer Book, so I had to use that.

But the 6 folks there couldn't have been nicer. They kept telling me not to worry about getting lost--"folks get lost out here all the time...."

It was the first time since pandemic that they received communion--wafers in a box so I hadn't touched them and wine in little plastic glasses.

The church is lovely and the music is wondrous.

It started out like a disaster but ended up a really good day.

(Only thing was: it felt like Sunday all day to me....)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.