Saturday, March 27, 2021

I hate to admit it

 As much as I've become distrustful of Evangelical Christians in the past 5 year, I hate to admit it but I was rooting for Oral Roberts University tonight in the Sweet 16 against Arkansas. 

Bern and I have been watching the tourney even though WVU lost in the round of 32.

I really liked Oral Roberts team

They lost by two when missing a three point shot at the buzzer.

Alas and alack.

Baylor also beat Loyola of Chicago which broke my heart.

I don't like RC schools much, but Loyola was fun and they have a 101 old nun who comes to every game.

I grieve for her.

By tomorrow night we'll be down to eight.

I'll see who I want to root for in the Elite 8.

Watch basketball, it will take your mind off the pandemic.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.