Friday, March 5, 2021

My day

I got up at 7:15, much earlier than usual, because Bern and I had to go to Yale Medical School's West Campus for our first vaccine shots.

West Campus is in West Haven and it is huge! We drove for over 5 minutes until we got to the building we needed to find.

The building is huge as well, and terribly well organized and staffed.

Bern's shot was at 9 and mine at 9:30, but I could have gone in with her, I think. They were giving over a thousand shots today but it was so orderly and well-done they could have done more. I had no wait at all, but lots of walking down hallways. I went in at 9:15 and was out by 9:30 since you have to sit for 15 minutes after the vaccine.

Then, at 1:30, I had two shots at Waterbury Hospital--pretty smooth there as well.

Somewhere in there I bought wine, since I was out....

Then at 3 I had a zoom call about a workshop I'm helping in leading virtually for half-hour or so. All the participants are in Ireland and the co-leader is in California.

Just before that, I fed Brigit her dinner--spiced up with cod loin left from last night. She is a fish dog!

Played Hearts on line for a while and now I'm writing this.

It's on 5:41 p.m. and dinner is over an hour away, but I feel like I've been up for two days....

Ah, well, another busy Covid day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.