Wednesday, December 9, 2015

A couple of things about my new computer

OK, the games. I had Hearts on my old computer and I won about 51% of the time--which is crazy enough. But Hearts on my new computer, I'm winning 66% of the time! Ridiculous.

The computer players obviously don't know anything about hearts. They don't try to smoke out the Queen of Spades. In fact, I hold onto the Queen even if I only have a couple of Spades since I know they'll play diamonds and clubs and I can drop the Queen on the. Also, if they're the 4th to play and the high card is a seven, they'll take it with an eight and then lead the Queen of the same suite. Any Hearts player knows if you can take a non-hearts hand you throw your highest card. And they sometimes throw the Queen of Spades when they have other spades to play--just take 13 points for no reason and then lead a 4 of diamonds or something. Really awful. I'm planning on downloading the Hearts I had on the old computer. I love to win--but not 67% of the time.

Also, I click almost anything and a whole bunch of options show up in a box. I click to get rid of the box and they just move. Annoying at best.

When I'm deleting emails from people in Nigeria or some diet plan I don't want, I can only delete one at a time because when I click on the second, a box pops up with options I don't want and erases the check in the box of the junk email before.

Maybe I'll figure it out some day. But right now, it's just uber-annoying....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.