Thursday, December 31, 2015

New Year's Eve

I am very good at New Year's Resolutions. I only resolve things that I am absolutely sure I will or will not do in the next year.

Here are 2016's resolutions.

*I will not vote for Donald Trump or any Republican running for President.

*I will not buy a hover board or a new car.

*I will vote for Bernie Sanders in the CT primary and for whoever is the Democratic nominee in November.

*I will not join the NRA.

*Also, I will not buy a gun in 2016.

*I will not lose 25 pounds or shave my beard.

*I will eat an egg every other day.

*I will not drink Scotch.

*I will walk the dog every morning and night.

*I will drink Pinto Grigio a lot.

*I will not travel to Syria or join Isis.

*I will smoke as many cigarettes as I will.

*I will not swim the English Channel.

*I will sleep as late as I want every day but Sunday and Tuesday.

*I will shower when I think I should.

*I will love Bern absolutely--and my children and granddaughters as well.

*I will write on my blog a lot.

*I will not eat raw liver.

*I will not eat cooked liver either. Or quail eggs. Or calf brains. Or the intestines of pigs. Or duck (I just can't eat a duck.)

*I will grill on the deck as much as is possible.

*I will not ever drive 100 miles an hour.

*I will not apply to graduate school in psychology.

So why is it so hard to keep New Year's resolutions....?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.