Monday, December 21, 2015

Walking Man

There's a man I see walking most every day, no matter what the weather.

He could be 75 or 80. He walks from wherever he comes from all the way up Cornwall Avenue's hill, which is very steep and down to Route 10 and back. He also walks on the Canal--I've seen him coming from down toward Hamden and going the other way.

I usually see him when I take the dog on his first walk--9 or 9:30. We have a wave and nod acquaintance. He always wears ear phones, so we don't speak.

I'd love to know more about him, but he walks fast and doesn't stop for anything, so, I'm not sure how to engage him.

He sure walks a lot. And it seems like a task--he doesn't smile...just walks and walks....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.