Saturday, January 2, 2021

An old picture

 While cleaning out my office I came across an old picture at, what Bern thinks, was a New Year's Eve party at the Gary Country Club.

There are 10 people--young people--sitting around a table. Five men and five women.

Three of the five men are now dead.

L. committed suicide in his late 20's.

K. died of a heart attack over a decade ago.

J. died of aids before he was 30.

The only 2 men who still live are Bern's cousin, A., and me.

I don't know about the women, but I'm rather sure they're all alive.

But a pretty somber picture.

Three of my friends no longer with us.

And I am a survivor.

Deeply, profoundly sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.