Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Tickle box

Lordy, Lordy, my parents (God love their souls) taught me that my penis was my "tickle box". Where they got that, I'll never know.

I just remembered this tonight and I was reflecting on the most humiliated I've ever been. (You might try that--it turns up interesting stuff.)

I went on line to find nick-names for the penis. One site had 150.

None of them were 'tickle box'.

I was in 7th grade, out on the playground when someone cupped his genitals in his hand and let off a string of names for it.

Someone said, "Jimmy, what do you call your d*ck?"

I looked down and asked, "my tickle box?" 

I was the brunt of abuse for weeks after that. Boys called me 'tickle box boy' and girls, who had heard the news, laughed into their hands when I came by.

I'll try to look back and see what I told my children that came back to humiliate them.

I can't think of anything off the bat, but I'm sure there were some things.

Parents and children--it's just like that.

link to my youtube blog
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.