Wednesday, January 20, 2021

"Normal"

I've listened to NPR and watched CNN, MSNBC and even Fox News and the word I've heard most is this: "normal".

The ceremonies, the press conference, the speeches, the music, the comments.

And the word I heard most today is this: "normal".

Biden and Harris have brought back 'normal' to our land.

The best thing the former President did recently was not show up for any of it.

That, if nothing else, brought normalcy back.

I love 'normal'.

I love 'quiet'.

I love 'boring', even.

And it's all back, thank the good Lord.

"Normal" is what we all need, what we have longed for for years.

And it's back.

Take a deep breath and breathe out saying "normal".

Didn't that feel good?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.