Wednesday, January 27, 2021

I talk to Ollie

Ollie is what I call our plastic, life-sized owl on our deck. He's supposed to keep squirrels away, but doesn't. I've even seen squirrels sitting next to him on the banister! 

I don't know why I talk to him, but I do.

Maybe because I talk to so few people during the Covid pandemic.

He doesn't talk back--thank the Lord! That would mean I was really going bonkers....

Today he had snow on his head in the shape of a yamaka. I hadn't know he was Jewish.

He has a brother on a poll down in the back of our yard. I haven't named that one.

That one doesn't keep anything away either.

I don't know if that one is Jewish too.

But Ollie listens quietly when I talk to him, taking it all in but not responding.

What will I start talking to next?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdTebleamxYfCasoyjiXB9Y40J4IesPwU 

link to my youtube blog

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.